Barely slept. So tired, so angry because I'm so tired. Had two major sugar crash outs on top of it and nothing feels like it's working out (that's only partially true)
I mean I got the halloween stuff into my office, did the laundry, made it to the bank, the grocery store and the Jackson apple fest, only to find that most of the food trucks aren't open in the afternoon. Sigh. But the one selling rosettes (a pastry) was and I bought some. They're special to me. I used to make them with Mom, grandma and great grandma. We cannot find our irons for them. It makes me sad so for thankful thursday I have rosettes
and the cute possum (crocheted) rear view mirror hanger (because that fucking front camera makes the rear view almost flush with the camera so I can't get my fucking hang tag in there so now I can hang it off my possum)
and for getting to see one of the local authors at the coffee shop. We don't usually have hours that overlap but we enjoy talking.
Things I'm not thankful for: that two bolts have come out of my recliner. OMG this recliner isn't that old but it's falling apart including the fabric which is acting dry rotted. Or the fact that this place smells like mildew from all the flooding. Or the realization that Tsubasacon is 2 weeks away and I haven't started either of my damn talks.
Or made my hotel reservation. So I called them today. He can't find Tsubasacon's block. How do you spell it? I spell it slowly. Twice. 'I keep getting lost. You need to give me phonetics'. OMFG. Fine T as in Tango S as in Sierra.. he still can't get it. 'Did you say a is for bravo.' No, fuck head I didn't and if you know I said A.....
Finally he gets it. they only have 1 room left open and only on saturday. If I want friday (which I do) I have to pay full price. Ugh. Okay we'll call that idiot tax. I have no excuse for waiting to the last minute. I know it's 180$ according to the web site. And OMG he says 220. For that shitty Holiday Inn?!? It's only good point is you can walk to the convention center across the street. Ugh. FINE. Okay you can only have a double queen room on Saturday but on friday we only have 'a standard room' which is either king or queen. You might have to change rooms.
Um no, I don't want to do that. Give me the queen and I can stay in that, right? It makes sense. 'oh I can't do that.' Why the hell not? I can pick either or on your web page. And now he gets pissy but agrees okay he can do that but I'll have to tell them when I check in. Okay fucking fine. Then he tells me I have to stay on the line after he gives me the confirmation number. I get that and it's a sales pitch call to book with holiday inn elsewhere. The salesman gets frustrated. Why are you on this call? I have no fucking idea. Your reservation desk rolled me over to it.
I can tell you this, I WAS going to book there on the 23rd as well so I could just go over after the Mothman Ballet to go to the WV book festival at the convention center but 220? fuck that. I'll pick another place and go park in the parking garage. Wonders how much the casino hotel is? (180, just looked it up. I could do that and piss about losing money all night)
I can't find the corseted top to my gown (couldn't find it 2 years ago either). Will improvise something else, either the corset from my other gown or that new shawl I bought. Taking my emilie's snack shop clack fan. I'm mostly packed.
But the thing I'm REALLY not happy about is my work flashdrive is gone. NO IDEA. It was in my purse yesterday. Not when I got to work. Thank god I had cloned it but it's a wonky flash drive it's on. I need to clone it again. And search for where it could have gone (probably fell out in the CR-V)
I mean I got the halloween stuff into my office, did the laundry, made it to the bank, the grocery store and the Jackson apple fest, only to find that most of the food trucks aren't open in the afternoon. Sigh. But the one selling rosettes (a pastry) was and I bought some. They're special to me. I used to make them with Mom, grandma and great grandma. We cannot find our irons for them. It makes me sad so for thankful thursday I have rosettes
and the cute possum (crocheted) rear view mirror hanger (because that fucking front camera makes the rear view almost flush with the camera so I can't get my fucking hang tag in there so now I can hang it off my possum)
and for getting to see one of the local authors at the coffee shop. We don't usually have hours that overlap but we enjoy talking.
Things I'm not thankful for: that two bolts have come out of my recliner. OMG this recliner isn't that old but it's falling apart including the fabric which is acting dry rotted. Or the fact that this place smells like mildew from all the flooding. Or the realization that Tsubasacon is 2 weeks away and I haven't started either of my damn talks.
Or made my hotel reservation. So I called them today. He can't find Tsubasacon's block. How do you spell it? I spell it slowly. Twice. 'I keep getting lost. You need to give me phonetics'. OMFG. Fine T as in Tango S as in Sierra.. he still can't get it. 'Did you say a is for bravo.' No, fuck head I didn't and if you know I said A.....
Finally he gets it. they only have 1 room left open and only on saturday. If I want friday (which I do) I have to pay full price. Ugh. Okay we'll call that idiot tax. I have no excuse for waiting to the last minute. I know it's 180$ according to the web site. And OMG he says 220. For that shitty Holiday Inn?!? It's only good point is you can walk to the convention center across the street. Ugh. FINE. Okay you can only have a double queen room on Saturday but on friday we only have 'a standard room' which is either king or queen. You might have to change rooms.
Um no, I don't want to do that. Give me the queen and I can stay in that, right? It makes sense. 'oh I can't do that.' Why the hell not? I can pick either or on your web page. And now he gets pissy but agrees okay he can do that but I'll have to tell them when I check in. Okay fucking fine. Then he tells me I have to stay on the line after he gives me the confirmation number. I get that and it's a sales pitch call to book with holiday inn elsewhere. The salesman gets frustrated. Why are you on this call? I have no fucking idea. Your reservation desk rolled me over to it.
I can tell you this, I WAS going to book there on the 23rd as well so I could just go over after the Mothman Ballet to go to the WV book festival at the convention center but 220? fuck that. I'll pick another place and go park in the parking garage. Wonders how much the casino hotel is? (180, just looked it up. I could do that and piss about losing money all night)
I can't find the corseted top to my gown (couldn't find it 2 years ago either). Will improvise something else, either the corset from my other gown or that new shawl I bought. Taking my emilie's snack shop clack fan. I'm mostly packed.
But the thing I'm REALLY not happy about is my work flashdrive is gone. NO IDEA. It was in my purse yesterday. Not when I got to work. Thank god I had cloned it but it's a wonky flash drive it's on. I need to clone it again. And search for where it could have gone (probably fell out in the CR-V)

no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 08:19 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 01:55 pm (UTC)https://www.prouditaliancook.com/2015/12/6668.html
no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 12:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-29 05:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 08:53 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-29 05:41 pm (UTC)