September Reading
Oct. 3rd, 2008 10:23 pmFor those who like to see such things, here's what I read and reviewed last month (and gee I'd like to see other members of
bookheaven posting up stuff occasionally) I only did marginally better this month than last
I have figured out one of the things i like so well about the Dresden books - Butcher doesn't rely on the withheld information drama. You know what I mean, someone knows something that any NORMAL person would confide in their friends/family because it's important but to create drama that person keeps it to themselves. (Buffy et al were masters of this). I'm not a big fan of that method of creating drama. Harry usually does confide in his partners (okay not always and there was one book that DID use this drama creator and it was one of my least favorites). Just food for thought for those of us who write.
manga – Venus vs Virus #4, Afterschool Nightmare #4, Books – Bone Song
manga – Black Cat #14, Books – Blood Rites
manga – Bleach #22, XXXholic#2, books – The Jasmine Moon Murder
manga – Bleach #23, Fruits Basket #20
manga – Tetragrammaton Labrynith #2, books – Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow
I have figured out one of the things i like so well about the Dresden books - Butcher doesn't rely on the withheld information drama. You know what I mean, someone knows something that any NORMAL person would confide in their friends/family because it's important but to create drama that person keeps it to themselves. (Buffy et al were masters of this). I'm not a big fan of that method of creating drama. Harry usually does confide in his partners (okay not always and there was one book that DID use this drama creator and it was one of my least favorites). Just food for thought for those of us who write.
manga – Venus vs Virus #4, Afterschool Nightmare #4, Books – Bone Song
manga – Black Cat #14, Books – Blood Rites
manga – Bleach #22, XXXholic#2, books – The Jasmine Moon Murder
manga – Bleach #23, Fruits Basket #20
manga – Tetragrammaton Labrynith #2, books – Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow

no subject
Date: 2008-10-04 10:29 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-10-04 12:39 pm (UTC)